All scholars are invited to submit their unpublished, original articles. Please use the following instructions in submitting your manuscripts. Manuscripts should be submitted to:
Journal of California Politics & Policy
Edmund G. "Pat" Brown Institute of Public Affairs
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
- Five copies of the manuscript.
- Articles should not exceed 25 pages (including graphs, charts, maps, tables and any other necessary components. All components should be produced in black and white).
- All texts should be typewritten with one-inch margin and double-spaced (all references to the author's previous work should be omitted).
- Use Times New Roman font, 12-point. No underlining or bold face type; use italics. Use black type only for text, headings, tables, references, etc. No borders or dividing lines within text.
- Citations should conform to American Psychological Association (APA) style (please see www.apastyle.org).
- Citations within text - use author-date system e.g. (Jones, 2001)
- Notes (if any) should be listed in numerical order at the end of the text.
- Reference list should follow notes at the end of the text, following APA format for references (no underline, no boldface, use italics).
- Follow APA format for titles, headings and subheadings, tables, and figures.
- Please provide a running head for your article, otherwise one will be chosen by the editor.
- Please provide the following information on the cover page:
- Author(s) full name
- Phone Number
- Please include a short biography for each author (not to exceed 100 words).
- Please submit one hard copy of the manuscript AND a copy on a disk.Please use either Word or Word Perfect for PC format.
- Manuscripts will not be returned. Please keep copies of your paper. Editor assumes that each submitted article is original, has not been published elsewhere, and is not being reviewed elsewhere. Authors are provided with 10 reprints and one original copy of the volume in which their article appears.