- The Pat Brown Institute (PBI) is committed to protecting the privacy and accuracy of your confidential information to the extent possible, subject to provisions of state and federal law. Other than as required by laws that guarantee public access to certain types of information, or in response to subpoenas or other legal instruments that authorize access, personally-identifiable information is not actively shared. In particular, we do not re-distribute or sell personal information collected on our web servers.
- The PBI website may collect personal information such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), and/or educational interests. Such personal information may be requested by us for research, public service or teaching programs, or for administrative purposes. Additional personal information, such as credit card account information, may be requested for purchases or enrollment purposes.
- Web servers typically collect, at least temporarily, the following information: Internet Protocol (IP) address of computer being used; web pages requested; referring web page; browser used; date and time. PBI may collect statistics identifying particular IP addresses from which our websites are accessed.
Use of collected information
- PBI may use personal information collected from websites for the purpose of future communication back to those who opt in to communications, in order to keep you informed of programs, symposia and/or special events, but only if you are provided the opportunity to opt out of that type of use.
- PBI may use browser-IP-address information and anonymous-browser history to report information about site accesses and for profiling purposes. This information is generally used to improve Web presentation and utilization. PBI also may use IP address information for troubleshooting purposes.
- The PBI website may at times use “cookies” in order to deliver web content specific to individual users’ interests or to keep track of online transactions. Sensitive personal information is not stored within cookies.
Distribution of collected information
- PBI will not disclose, without your consent, personal information collected about you, except for certain explicit circumstances in which disclosure is required by law.
- PBI will not distribute or sell personal information to third-party organizations.
Responsibility for external sites
- PBI does not control the content or information practices of external organizations, including but not limited to social media platforms. We recommend you review the privacy statements of these organizations.